Ultra-Brass EDM wire is a high-quality electrode manufactured by the Dutch company Novotec, available exclusively through an authorized dealer network. More than 30 years of experience in the production of EDM cutting wires has resulted in the development of fully automated machines for the production of electrodes of the highest quality and stable operating parameters. Production is continuously monitored by Novotec's engineering team.
- Manufactured from pure copper and zinc.
- Reliable during automatic threading
- Excellent surface quality
- High cutting speed
- Stable machining free from electrical shorts
- Geometric precision
- Oxidation protected packaging
|Wire diameter (mm)||Composition||Diameter tolerance (mm)||Tensile strength (N/mm²)||Elongation (%)||Conductivity (%IACS)|
|0,20; 0,25; 0,30||semi-hard|
|± 0,001||500 (72500)||> 15%||min. 25|
|0,15; 0,20; 0,25; 0,30|
|± 0,001||980 (142000)||< 3%||min. 22|
Modern hollowing machines, due to faster processing, produce more waste, as a result of which the filter has to absorb much more impurities. Taking into account these requirements, Novotec has developed the ULTRA-CLEAN filter equipped with polyester mesh as a filtering material, much better than the traditionally used paper. The polyester mesh is characterized by a dense and uniform structure, and allows filtration of less than 1 µm, which is essential for effective processing. It is much thinner than paper and has much higher mechanical stability. The combination of thinner material and a patented assembly technique means that a filter of the same size can neutralize up to 50% more waste.
ULTRA-CLEAN filters have up to 3 times the service life of conventional paper filters, and also have high corrosion resistance thanks to their protected surface. They are unquestionably the best possible choice for modern wire rodding machines, no other filter combines such high quality filtration and low operating costs.
Benefits of using ULTRA-CLEAN filters:
- very fine filtration level
- increased durability of the resin
- less secondary discharge and wire damage
- increased durability of valves and other mechanical components
- increased reliability of the automatic wire threading system
- reduced corrosion of the machine
- longer filter life
Tubes are designed for use on sinker EDM and EDM driling machines. They are available in two versions with a single hole, used for through-holes drilling, and multi-channel (webbed) designed for blind and through-holes drilling. A single-hole tube acts like a pipe drill leaving a core of material inside, which can make flushing difficult. Multi-channel electrodes rotate during the hollowing process, leaving no core, making it possible to drill blind holes, and increasing efficiency when hollowing through holes.
- material: copper, brass, graphite, tungsten carbide
- single or multi-channel
- used in sinker EDM and EDM driling machines
- diameters from 0.10 mm to 20 mm
- lengths from 150 mm to 400 mm